Location The Heritage Killenard is a luxury 5 Star resort hotel nestled in the charming village of Killenard, near Portlaoise, County Laois, Ireland. The resort's 5 star hotel overlooks the Seve Ballesteros and Jeff Howes co-designed Championship golf course and the Slieve Bloom Mountains.
Rooms In every room, the hotel has created an environment of absolute comfort, using soft muted colours, deep luxurious mattresses and fresh crisp linen of the highest quality. Room facilities inlcude: Direct dial telephone with voicemail, executive desk, interactive TV, electronic safe, high speed ISDN Internet Access, separate bathtub and shower, slippers and bathrobes, hair dryer, trouser press, iron and ironing board, individually controlled air conditioning, complimentary mineral water and daily national newspaper.
- The Arlington Room Restaurant, is located just off the spectacular foyer and lounge. The restaurant features contemporary French Mediterranean Cuisine, with an Irish twist. The striking interior design of this 70-seater restaurant is distinguished by it's elegant interior.
- Greens Restaurant in the Clubhouse at The Heritage Killenard has it all. Relax back into the deep leather chairs, as you settle in comfort and space in the stylish club house bar and lounge. A visit to the Greens Restaurant, where fresh seafood and prime Irish Beef are specialties is a must. Or simply just enjoy our wholesome lounge menu.The Clubhouse Lounge and Greens Restaurant is open for hotel guests, golf members and golfing visitors.
- Sol Orien's is the Steakhouse & Italian restaurant located at the entrance is only 3 minute walk from the hotel. It features an open plan kitchen with authentic pizza oven. An informal restaurant with a classical Italian style serving steaks, pizza, pastas and salads.
- The Slieve Bloom Bar, featuring a classical mahogany wood oval shaped island bar, is the comfortable and spacious lounge area of the hotel, offering fantastic views over the first tee of the championship golf course and Slieve Bloom Mountains. Sit back and relax into the deep sofas, enjoy the background music, read the daily papers or simply enjoy the stunning views. Also enjoy a great cocktail or a delicious Sunday lunch.
- The Thatch Pub has been in Killenard for many years. Originally a fully thatched roofed pub which was burnt down but replaced keeping as many of the original features as possible. Today it is a traditional cosy pub open daily, here you will get a true taste for the locality in a traditional surrounding, there is also traditional Irish music on selected dates.
Leisure Facilities All aspects of The Heritage Killenard have been designed to inspire and delight our guests and the spacious, self-contained Health Club is no exception.Located next to the Spa, the Club offers extensive leisure facilities including: a dedicated fitness studio equipped with top-of-the range Techno gym exercise equipment, a fabulous 15 metre leisure pool and an invigorating Jacuzzi. The Seve Ballesteros and Jeff Howes co-designed 18 hole championship golf course provides the ideal setting for a golf trip with scenic views and spectacular golf holes.
Spa Facilities The Spa at The Heritage Killenard offers a touch of tranquility in a contemporary and luxurious setting at Ireland's premier resort hotel. This luxury spa resort offers 20 treatment rooms set in an oasis of calm, with a selection of over 70 spa treatments and packages that will allow you to indulge in a truly world class spa experience.The Heritage Spa Experience provides an unrivalled heat and cooling journey. Extensive relaxation areas will complete your therapy as you melt into the surrounding Laois countryside.