At Hotelsireland.com, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it is obtained, processed, shared, and stored. By visiting www.hotelsireland.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Hotelsireland.com (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”). Hotelsireland is part of Tour Partner Group (referred to in this policy as “group”). Tour Partner Group consists of Hotelsireland, Irish Welcome Tours, Hotels and More, Irish Horizons, Authentic Vacations, Trans Nordic Tours.
Hotelsireland.com offers Hotel accommodation in Ireland through our own website, affiliate websites and social media. All the information that follows applies to all of our platforms.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Hotelsireland.com, Blackthorn Exchange, Bracken Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 W6N4, Ireland.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
a. to provide you with the accommodation or services you have booked;
b. to contact you if required in connection with your booking or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
c. To inform you of any special offers we might periodically have available (only if you have subscribed to this service)
Information we may collect about you when you visit our website:
We use Google Analytics to measure visitors and may automatically collect information such as:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP), address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- Products you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Our site may on occasion contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For further information, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics/
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other affiliate websites or work with any other group company.
How do we use the information and what is the legal basis for processing the data?
Under GDPR we use the lawful basis 'legitimate interests' to use (or 'process') your personal information.. When you provide your contact details, we use your information for:
Legitimate business interests to provide you with your booking and/or marketing services or products related to offering travel solutions in Ireland
This is how we use your data:
- By subscribing to our newsletter, your data may be used to send offers & specials throughout the year.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site and ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Will your data be shared?
- We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- With “data processors” who act on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf. These functions include administration, providing services, customer care, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Hotelsireland.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
How do we protect your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are based in the UK and Ireland can only be accessed by authorised and trained members of staff. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
How long do we keep your data?
We will store your details in our database and use it for marketing purposes until you use the opt-out option. Details of clients who are “inactive” (had no business transactions in the past 5 years) will either be updated, verified or deleted.
These are your rights:
- Access to information: you can send a written request and ask what information we hold about you, how we process and safeguard it. We will supply the information free of charge and within 1 month. You can also obtain a copy of the information.
- Rectification: if the information you have provided to us is incorrect or incomplete, you can contact us to correct, supplement or delete any incorrect data.
- Right to be forgotten: you can request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you are unhappy with any aspect of our handling of your data you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.
Please send requests related to your rights to: email@example.com or by writing to Hotelsireland.com, Blackthorn Exchange, Bracken Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 W6N4, Ireland
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by Sungard (http://www.sungardas.ie). The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet . No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
To ensure the security of your credit card information, hotelsireland.com use the latest Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is currently the preferred method to securely transfer credit card and other sensitive data over the Internet. You can tell if your information is encrypted by looking for the locked padlock icon on the lower right-hand or left-hand corner of your screen and/or the letters "https."
Updated 11th of June 2018